Sunday morning worship, from 10:50 am to Noon. Our service is Creative and Traditional, God-Experiential and Community Service Inspiring.
- We sing hymns from all music traditions: classic hymnody, African-American spirituals, gospel, contemporary, Taize. Our theme song is “Over My Head…..I hear music in the air!”
- We follow the Common Lectionary of Bible readings.
- We listen to an inspiring, challenging sermon rooted in scripture, addressed to the challenges of daily living.
- We like to move to the music. We clap. We pray and praise God together.
- We seek wholeness, healing, forgiveness and freedom.
- We hope to experience the lively, loving presence of God.
- We express our contemporary hopes, challenges, and visions for a community more faithful to God.
- We use inclusive language.
- We use no language through silent meditation.
- We celebrate the connection between the arts and spirituality.
- We follow Jesus in celebrating diversity in race, gender, sexual orientation, ability and disability, age and youth.
We celebrate the Lord’s Supper on the first Sunday of the month and on Christmas Eve and Easter. All are welcome at the table.
A choir led by both professional and non-professional voices leads the congregational singing and offers special music on behalf of all the people.
A piano is used to lead or accompany singing. We invite guest instrumentalists: trumpet, oboe, violin, guitar. There will be a wonderful new pipe organ in the new building (being installed this summer), along with a grand piano.
We hope that our worship service helps you start your week on a faith filled path in the hands of a loving, soul strengthening God.